Coos Bay, April 25, 2020: Earlier today Coos County announced a first case of community-transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19). At the time of this press release, there are no patients at Bay Area Hospital with a known or confirmed case of COVID-19. The hospital is ready to meet the needs of the community, and the hospital is committed to the safety and well-being of our staff, providers, patients, and limited visitors.
To continue to keep our staff, providers, patients, and community members safe, Bay Area Hospital is doing several things including:
• Screening and masking all persons, including staff, before allowing entrance to the hospital
• Requesting that staff wear a mask at all times when within six feet of another person
• Allowing staff to work from home when at all possible
• Restricting visitors to the hospital except in extenuating circumstances
Bay Area Hospital is taking the above precautions to keep our staff, providers, patients, and the community safe, and the hospital has the following recommendations to keep yourself, your family, and the community safe:
• Follow the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations that all people wear a cloth mask, bandana, or other facial protection that covers the mouth and nose when leaving the house
• Only leave your home for essential outings such as grocery shopping, work, exercise, etc.
• Maintain a physical distance of at least six feet between yourself and others for times that you must be outside of your home
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. When soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer
• Minimize touching your face and mouth with your hands
If you have questions or need additional information please contact Kelli Dion, Public Information Officer and Chief Quality Officer at (541) 269- 8185
Bay Area Hospital improves the health of our community every day and offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic and therapeutic services spanning medical, surgical, pediatric, critical care, home health, outpatient and acute psychiatric, oncology, obstetrical, and other specialties.